So with the application deadline coming up in a few days, I thought I’d write a quick wee blog outlining the main application do’s and don’ts!
- DO be prepared to go to every choice you put down – you’re not guaranteed a place at your first choice, so make sure your other three choices are ones that you definitely want to go to. As well as this, make sure they definitely meet your course requirements and you are financially able to go.
- DON’T leave it until the last minute! This is something I did; I remember sitting up the night before the deadline researching all the options and panicking I wouldn’t get to go. It also meant my application wasn’t as strong as it could have been. So, if you haven’t started… START NOW!
- DO speak to people who are at your choices! The opinions and help of current students abroad is invaluable!
- DON’T ignore the financial planning part, this is one of the most important parts!! Studying abroad is in no way cheap, but if you plan well, it is much easier!
- DO speak to your adviser… they’re there for a reason!
I know this is just a short blog, so if you have any questions, drop me a message and I’ll be happy to help!!